Tuesday 10 April 2012

Dusting the Cobwebs....

off my poor neglected blog! I am going to try to get back into the swing of it but I know that it is going to be a struggle as I am out of the habit....and I am very much a creature of habit!
I thought I would ease my way back in with an old project I completed in November 2011. It is a curtain for the door of my friends' beautiful, old but very draughty cottage! They actually commissioned it in 2010 but I am such a slacker it took me a whole year to do it.
My brief was to make a padded patchwork curtain 1500 x 2000 in blues and greens with a leather hem to stop wear and tear.
Firstly I did 3 different designs in miniature and sent them off for approval. This was the one they decided upon...
The actual making only took 2 days - it was the procrastinating that took nearly 12 months!
This is the finished product.........
One very cosy and stylish door curtain. I used a pre-bonded padded fabric that acted as padding and lining as I didn't want it to be too bulky.......
and a very plain but deep tape at the top to gather it to the right width for the rail. I am assured that it has performed admirably in the cold weather and my friends are delighted with it.
Well that wasn't so hard! Hopefully this is the start of a renewed and invigorated blog? Here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. Well, welcome back Ms Fieldy. You've been missed! The curtain is absolutely fantastic - well done you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - all comments are appreciated so if you have the time and the inclination........