Wednesday 11 April 2012

Tweedmongering Apron.

Before Xmas I had a lovely visitor called Marie who bought me (along with lots of other goodies) a tweed cape that she had got from a charity shop in Aberdeenshire. The cape itself was horrid but it was a simple circle shape with lots of fabric in it. Although not Harris Tweed I thought it might be a nice idea to make myself an apron based on the shape of the Fog Linenwork type that I had seen that I could wear when Mongering my Tweed at craft events - a sort of 'uniform' to make it easy for customers to identify who I am.
It was very simple as I worked with as many finished edges as I could and with a few judicious nips, tucks and pleats I had something that I liked............
I have still to add a couple of patch pockets for change etc...............
It has a tweed covered button on the back and I also wear one of my tweed rosette corsages with it. Looks great over a simple white blouse and jeans and puts me in the right frame of mind to go a-mongering. There is also still plenty left for me to make a winter coat for Fly!
If you are in need a little cheering up today follow this link - it made me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - all comments are appreciated so if you have the time and the inclination........